Pages

Birthday on fire!

Yesterday was the 27th anniversary of Carlos Gomez and he decided to celebrate it at a Peruvian restaurant called Mochica. I say "called" in past as the restaurant got burned while we were eating!

Let's go back a bit in time:
When Carlos told me we were going there I had a bad karma, so I told him that I was not feeling really comfortable about the selection. He convinced me with: "It is my birthday" and "We should go to places that are different from what we find in Europe", so I agreed and we met at 20:30h there.

We arrived and ordered some Sangria while we were checking the menu, and suddenly the oven started to burn. (This is one reason to avid open-air kitchens). Carlos was fully calmed and people in the restaurant was whispering about the situation. Just some seconds later, a responsible from the place extinguished the fired and people started to cheer up.



We ordered the second sangria and this time the over went on fire for real. The fire was expanding to the rest of the kitchen and there was nothing the personal could do. Smoke started to expand in the room. Carlos was telling us to stay calmed despite we already told him there was no way we would eat with that smoke. And then people started to run out from the place.



2 minutes later the fireman (4 tracks in total) covered the area and started to work in the extinction. Everyone in the area was taking pictures with their cameras, so despite of the situation there was kind of a gossiping atmosphere.


Suddenly a guy who promise to us that he was a former fireman, started organizing the fireman brigades. The guy was not having any devise with him and he was faking he was calling the units and giving them advice. Obviously he was just a bit crazy. Carlos interrogated him and as he told us everything was under control, we headed towards our next stop: a Mexican restaurant called Colibri.


This was the most exciting birthday dinner ever. I just hope that the restaurant is fine now as the food looked delicious, despite we could not taste it. Next time I'm in San Francisco I will have to go to give it a try.

2 comments:

  1. well, I have to say I'm not surprised this is happening to you :) Remind me not to go to the restaurant, shopping or play squash with you! Glad you're safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a dull moment when Mr. G. is around... :D

    Good to hear you're safe... ;)

    ReplyDelete