Pages

Tripit: Why should I sign up with my Google Account?

I normally travel a lot and I am from the group of people that left printers behind some years ago, so I do NOT print my boarding pass NOR the email that air companies sent me after booking my flight. For this reason I always used to go around with a piece of paper or a post-it in my wallet with my flight information: Not good!

After a while I decided to create a spreadsheet in Google Docs with all my flight info. It was a bit tedious as I hate copy-paste. It was kind of better than the post-it but I still needed online connection so this did not replaced the post-it technique, despite it gave me a bit of control over my flights.

My last trial is TripIt. Last week Carlos Gomez told me that TripIt has an Android App and he showed me how it looked like. This was amazingly cool as it displays off-line info (avoiding roaming costs) of your trips directly in the App and the way to input the info is by sending the email you receive from the airline to plans@tripit.com with the email address you are registered. Laziness of me, I registered with my GMail account but not with my Google Account (It was 1 click less) so after that my Android App off line looked like:



I changed immediately the configuration to my Google Account, and surprise: as my Android phone is also connected to my Google Account, all the info that I sync'ed in my TripIt App gets displayed when I start the App (no need to Sign in all the time), regardless of my connection status. This way I have all the info I need wherever I am on the planet. 

Conclusion: This is a mandatory App for your Android so give it a try, it is free!

No comments:

Post a Comment